- SELF REPORT 5 - Summary And Suggestion



5. Summary And Suggestion


5.1 Purpose of practicum 

For us, as the practice teacher, the purpose of the practicum is to improve our skills in speaking, writing, reading and listening.Another purpose of this practicum is to improve our knowledge and gain new experience.

5.2 Procedures of Practicum

The procedure of the practicum is we have to observe and assist in the first week and the second week before we start our practicum. We also need to submit our lesson plan to our coordinating teacher and revise it if necessary. Our coordinator teacher also checks our topic what are we going to discuss before we start teaching.

5.3 Outcome of practicum

By doing this practicum/ practice teaching, at the end of the program, I can say that my skill improves in speaking especially. We have to communicate with local people, students, the staff at NEUST Laboratory High School using English. We also have written the blog to increase our skills in writing. The most important thing is, I learn how to control myself during the practicum because we are as the teacher is their role model. 

5.4 The challenges of practicum

The challenges that I face during my practicum is time management such as overtime during practicum, making a lesson plan and revise it, preparing media and etc. Another challenge that I face is to communicate with some students and teachers. Most of them when the first time they met me, they thought that I am a Philippines so whenever they saw me they use the Tagalog language especially during teaching. 

5.5 Overall impression

By joining this program, I can say that I am changing to become a better person. I have to learn to accept the new culture, the people, the food, the weather, and the language. I  have to force my self to get along with them during 1-month programs. In the end, I can say that I touched by the hospitality that they have given to us.  

5.6 Suggestion for future improvement

Hopefully, for the next batch, the candidates are more ready to have their practice teaching and I hope Seameo will make it become better than before. For all the candidates, before their visiting the country, please prepare yourself especially for your own field. Because every country has different types of teaching. And good luck in Seameo.  

Comments